AWS accelerate – Configuration of business services to allow staff to operate from home where necessary.
A Client requires staff to have remote working capacity should the need arise. This requires moving the phone systems to VOIP and migrating computers and servers to the cloud. Once complete the staff now have the capacity to work from anywhere via Amazon workspaces.
- By moving the server to AWS EC2, and all workstations to AWS Workspaces, we create a far more robust and flexible infrastructure that can be operated from home if and when required.
- The server size is instantly scaleable to suit the changing needs of the business in the current challenging environment.
- Each workspace is accessible via the users current workstations so there is no outlay for new equipment.
- With a simple VPN solution, printing to either location is simple.
- Server Move – approx $660-$1100 depending on the amount of data and applications involved
- Server hosting & workspace cost per month $118 per workspace approx
- VOIP phone costs per month – $11 per extension
- Workspace setup $165 per workspace approx
- VPN setup $220
- Misc configuration and setting up apps $220
Total time to complete migration
3 days including training
AWS Services used
VPC, EC2, Route53, Workspaces, Directory services